Seared Ahi Tuna, Avocado, Ginger &Lime… Are you kidding me?! This is a perfect Foursome if you ask me. It’s a dieter’s answer to an easy way to approach a fancy looking and tasting entree. If you’ve ever wanted to wow someone, wow them with this awesome recipe!
- 2 big handfuls fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- pinch of stevia (I use 1/2 packet) of palm sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (6-ounce) block sushi-quality tuna
- 1/2 ripe, sliced avocado
In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, limejuice, coconut aminos, sweetener, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust.
- Pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish. Serve the seared tuna with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled on top.