When I was a little fat kid, you couldn’t get me to eat my veggies… unless it was deep fried. Even to this day, even though I can tolerate it, veggies aren’t my go-to thing. However, oddly enough, I really like brussel sprouts. When done right, they’re kinda “meaty” and have a really good texture. This particular recipe makes these little “cabbage babies” amazingly delectable! Bon appéttit!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or grapes oil
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- pinch salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot add in the brussels sprouts, cut side down.
- Cook until browned, about 7-10 minutes.
- Stir and add in the sun garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper, Sautee for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the capers.