- 16 oz. raw almonds (about 3 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup raisins
- optional: 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil, if necessary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On large baking sheet spread out almonds and roast in oven for 10-12 minutes until slightly brown. Be very careful not to burn the nuts! Cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer almonds to the bowl of a food processor and process for 10-15 minutes, scraping down the sides as necessary (about every 2 minutes). At this point the almonds should start to clump together. Continue to process until you reach the desired consistency. I always process until my almond butter is liquid like. If after 20-25 minutes the almond butter is not creamy, add in a teaspoon or two of coconut oil. You can also do this if you want super creamy almond butter!
- Next add in vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Process again for 30 seconds. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Next add in raisins and pulse a few times to break up the raisins a bit.
- Transfer to Tupperware or mason jar and store at room temperature or in fridge. If you store at room temp, simply give the almond butter a stir before you