Sometimes, you just have one of those cravings for something warm, sweet, and downright delicious… for me, it’s everyday. However, you can’t let that affect your waistline! Try this amazing recipe from my friends at realfoodoutlaws.com
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I like Real Salt)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup maple syrup (grade B has more minerals)
- 2 tablespoons applesauce (here is a recipe for homemade)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin hydrolysate (don’t use regular gelatin)
- 1/2 to 1 cup soy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan (bottom and sides) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl crack eggs and add coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Mix gelatin and maple syrup together in a small bowl and add to mixture.
- Melt coconut oil if solid and add to bowl along with remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour. It takes mine about 1 hour 10 minutes for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a baking rack.
- Can be eaten warm or cold.
- Store in the refrigerator.