It’s not that often that I will cook shrimp (mainly because my wife hates the idea of eating what she calls “ocean bugs”) but every once in awhile when I’m in the mood for some serious seafood, I like me some fried shrimp. Obviously, that’s not something you want to hear from your favorite Coach and Personal Trainer, but hey! What can i say?! I’m a fat guy deep down inside and I love me some good eats!!!
That’s why I was happy to come across this amazing recipe from my friends at StupidEasyPaleo.com. They took one of the easiest things to fry and made it relatively healthy! Enjoy!
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- zest of 3 limes
- 1.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- coconut oil
- Clean, shell and devein the shrimp (if needed).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the shredded coconut, coconut flour, lime zest and chili powder.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt some coconut oil until very hot (but not smoking).
- Fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side without overcrowding the pan. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with a pinch of sea salt and eat while hot. Squeeze lime juice over the top for more lime flavor.