The first time I ever had “Cilantro-Lime” anything was during my first-ever experience at Chipotle. That was also the first time I ever got to customize my own burrito!!! What?! You can actually control what goes into your burrito?! “Load me up with extra carne asada, please!”, I asked the fine chef (I don’t even know if he was really even a chef).
When I took a bite, what I first noticed was the rice was absolutely fragrant and flavorful! I never had that combination of Cilantro & Lime before. At least not in rice.
Anyhow, I digress. You want a healthy coleslaw that will fill you up but won’t fill you with regret later? Try this extra simple and amazing Cilantro-Lime Coleslaw Recipe from my friends at CivilizedCavemanCooking.com
- 1 package of carrot/cabbage coleslaw
- 1/2 of red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4 jalapeños, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well ensuring an even coating of all ingredients.