- 1 small onion, minced
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced small
- 1 spoonful of bacon fat or fat of choice
- 1 cup cooked shredded pork carnitas or other shredded/ground meat
- 9 eggs
- 3 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a skillet over medium heat, soften the onions in the bacon fat for about 5 minutes. When they are translucent, add the tomato and cook on medium until the tomatoes begin to soften. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cooked shredded pork until combined.
- Combine the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper and beat until combined.
- Now it’s time to build the muffins: put a large spoonful of onion/tomato/pork into each cup. Evenly distribute the filling to 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle with a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Pour the egg mixture into each cup until about ¾ of the cup is full.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until fully set. The cups will come out very puffed up and then fall a bit as they cool.